If you use your Vanderbilt email address for Google services, please read this: Next month Google will merge its consumer Google Apps environment with its Google Apps for EDU environment. This domain merge impacts Vanderbilt in two ways:
- Undergraduate students who use VU Gmail will soon gain access to many more Google Apps not currently available in VU Gmail.
- There are 2131 students who use their Vanderbilt email address (email@example.com) as their login name for a non-Vanderbilt Google consumer account. Those students will need to change that account to have a new login name.
ITS does not have the list of individuals affected due to Google privacy restrictions, but Google has created a list of those users so we can communicate with them. When users make this change, they will not lose access to any services; they simply need to change their Google log in name so it does not include the "@vanderbilt.edu" domain name.
How to change your Google Login ID:
- Login to: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount
- Under the "Personal Settings" section on the right of the screen, click the "edit" button next to the email addresses.
- Follow the instructions from Google on how to change the email address associated with your account.
This new ID will work just like the old one did. All account information and contacts will automatically transfer to the new Google ID within approximately one hour.
If you receive the following error when you try to login:
"We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later." please delete your cookies. To delete your cookies, just follow the browser-specific steps below. (Please note that while deleting your cookies may resolve the problem, it will also remove your saved settings for sites you've previously visited.)Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)
- Open IE and click on the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Internet Options."
- Click on the "General" tab if it isn't selected already.
- Under the heading "Temporary Internet files," click on "Delete Cookies..."
- Click "OK" for the "Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?" prompt.
- Click "OK" to exit.
- Open Firefox and click on the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Options."
- Click on the "Privacy" icon on the left.
- Select "Cookies" and click on "View Cookies"
- Select google.com from the list and press "remove cookie."
- Click "OK" to exit.
If clearing your cookies does not fix the login issue please contact the ITS Help Desk at (615) 343-9999.