Outlook Web Access (OWA) allows anyone with an active VUnetID to access a Vmail Shared folder.
A Shared Folder can be a resource account used as a group mailbox, or an individual's Vmail mailbox who has granted you permission to read items in that box. This is not limited to email; calendars, contacts, notes, and tasks can be shared as well.
To access a Vmail Shared Folder using OWA follow the instructions below:
- Determine the email address of the mailbox that you wish to access. Personal email addresses can be found in People Finder.
- Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.
- Type the following into the location bar of your web browser where email address is the email address of the box you wish to access:
- Log in to Vmail using your VUnetID and password.
- If you are having trouble accessing the mailbox, check with the owner to be sure you have rights to access items in the box. Also, be sure that you are using a valid delivery address (with the @vanderbilt.edu) for the last item of the URL